numbness in hands??

I recently read that numbness in hands and/or feet can possibly be a symptom, what are the changes that this applies to me? I am experiencing numbness in my fingers that has been ongoing for about 2 months now. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Please see the answer to the prior question regarding numbness in a hand. In most of my patients, the symptoms you are describing are likely to be related either to a distal sensory polyneuropathy associated with HIV or to a "d" drug, i.e., d4T, ddI, ddC. If you find the symptoms bothersome or if they progress, you should discuss them with your doctor and if you are taking a "d" drug and have other effective treatment options, consider a drug change. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

numbness of hand
Hydrea, does it increase lipodistrophia?