|numbness of hand
Jun 13, 2000
i have numbness in my one hand, what does this mean??
Response from Dr. Boyle
It could mean many things, from a mononeuritis (a condition involving a single nerve in your hand from such things as carpal tunnel syndrome, trauma, etc.), to a neuropathy secondary to HIV or medications (especially the "d" drugs: d4T, ddI, ddC), to a viral infection, to a variety of other, less common causes. Ask your doctor to evaluate it; this is something that requires a bit more history and an exam to properly diagnose. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
How Much Viagra?
numbness in hands??
- Has Anyone Ever Gotten Hiv From A Massage
- How Do You Clear Up Dark Marks On Skin In Hiv Patients?
- What Can Be Mistaken For Hiv Symptoms?
- How Many Pills A Day Does Someone With Hiv And Aids Take?
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.