|numbness of hand
Jun 13, 2000
i have numbness in my one hand, what does this mean??
Response from Dr. Boyle
It could mean many things, from a mononeuritis (a condition involving a single nerve in your hand from such things as carpal tunnel syndrome, trauma, etc.), to a neuropathy secondary to HIV or medications (especially the "d" drugs: d4T, ddI, ddC), to a viral infection, to a variety of other, less common causes. Ask your doctor to evaluate it; this is something that requires a bit more history and an exam to properly diagnose. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
How Much Viagra?
numbness in hands??
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Tattoo?
- Does Psoriasis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.