numbness of hand
Jun 13, 2000
i have numbness in my one hand, what does this mean??
Response from Dr. Boyle
It could mean many things, from a mononeuritis (a condition involving a single nerve in your hand from such things as carpal tunnel syndrome, trauma, etc.), to a neuropathy secondary to HIV or medications (especially the "d" drugs: d4T, ddI, ddC), to a viral infection, to a variety of other, less common causes. Ask your doctor to evaluate it; this is something that requires a bit more history and an exam to properly diagnose. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Rectal Bleeding Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.