intermittent loss of hearing with left right eye movement

viral load 25,000 t-cells 500, lowest 300, never on any long term antivirals..currently on none. 4 vicodin a day for pain in legs and arms. not only can i not get an answer for the pain in my limbs...but recently i have noticed mostly in am that when i move my eyes left to right noise changes..ex..water running..sounds as if someone disrupts the flow for an instant, back to normal, then disrupted again. this last for as long as i move my eyes back and forth, never up and down. Also, the pain in my limbs can be described as an "indian sunburn" this is 100% on waking up, and then decreases after a period of time, even if i lay down for a 30 minute nap it returns to 100%. one doctor diagnosed me with vocular myelopathy, i have been tested for carpal tunnel, no nerve damage. Please if you have any suggestions for me to give my doctor I will greatly appreciate knowing what is happening. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The symptoms you describe are unusual, especially for someone with high Tcells and not on any antiretrovirals.

To be honest, I can't think of a reason why the eye movement you describe should interfere with your hearing and the symptoms you are describing are not typical of a vacuolar myelopathy, but may be, in some form, a peripheral neuropathy. I could recommend an extensive neurologic work-up, which I'm sure your doctor has already pursued, but I think the best thing for you to do is seek out an experienced neurologist. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Extreme Nausea, weight loss and ddI
How Much Viagra?