Hiv causes Lipoatrophy ..not meds?
Oct 5, 2001
Are there any studies...supporting the theory that Hiv in of itself...may be the cause of Lipoatrophy???
Response from Dr. Bartlett
You have raised a very important point regarding lipodystrophy, that is, it occurred even before antiretroviral therapy was introduced. There are numerous descriptions of peripherl fat loss and centripedal fat accumulation from the early HIV epidemic. Therefore not all of the changes can be attributed to drugs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Many Ways Can You Get Std's?
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
- 6 Weeks After Exposure I Have A Sore Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.