swollen parodit glands

the parodit glands in my face are always swollen-I often look like I have the mumps. Recently a dermatologist told me that I can have an ultra sound to see if glands have cysts. He said if they do the cysts can be drained with a needle.Then a toxin can be injected in to keep them from swelling again. Have you heard of this. I haven't looked normal for 3 years now-and my jaw hurts when it swells. Do you have comments on this issue

Response from Dr. Boyle

Based upon your description, you may have lymphoepithelial cysts, a benign condition that causes swelling of the parotid glands. There are a number of treatment options including needle drainage, surgical excision and radiation therapy. To verify that diagnosis, you should be evaluated for other causes, but they are unlikely given the persistence of the condition for three years.

Recent severe elbow joint pain
Facial Wasting-PLA(New-Fill)