PLA for facial wasting

In the june 2001 issue, PLA is being used in Paris to reverse facial wasting. Can you provide the name of the doctor/medical clinic plus an email address/phone#. I want to give this a shot. I look "sick" even when I'm not. Can you help?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Unfortunately I do not know what PLA is. Facial wasting certainly can be a problem following prolonged antiretroviral therapy, and may give the paradoxical sense that someone is not doing well when their viral load may be undetectable. At this point there are no validated interventions to reverse the wasting, but numerous approaches are being evaluated.

temporary swelling in side of face when eating.
Muscle twitching