|PLA for facial wasting
Oct 3, 2001
In the june 2001 issue, PLA is being used in Paris to reverse facial wasting. Can you provide the name of the doctor/medical clinic plus an email address/phone#. I want to give this a shot. I look "sick" even when I'm not. Can you help?
Response from Dr. Bartlett
Unfortunately I do not know what PLA is. Facial wasting certainly can be a problem following prolonged antiretroviral therapy, and may give the paradoxical sense that someone is not doing well when their viral load may be undetectable. At this point there are no validated interventions to reverse the wasting, but numerous approaches are being evaluated.
temporary swelling in side of face when eating.
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.