dry eyes/dry mouth

Dr. Henry,

I am at a loss. I have been having problems with dry eyes and dry mouth over the past 6 months. My tear production was measured and is 1/2 of what a normal person should produce. I also have a dry mouth which causes discomfort throughout the day and especially at night. I had a possible exposure 9 months ago, but tested negative via ELISA at 3 and 7 months. Can I be confident it is not HIV related? I guess what is frustrating is no explanation has been given as to why these problems are happening (my GP says these are minor problems and I shouldn't be too concerned, yet the symptoms seem to dictate otherwise). I don't want to be a worried well but it seems like dry eyes and dry mouth are commonly associated with HIV infection. Should I continue to test or simply search for another explanation? Do you think I need to seek the opinion of a ID Doc?

Dry eyes would not be a symptoms of early HIV infection in the setting you described. KH

Boils as side effect.
Abdominal Pain - Anxiety