Sep 7, 2001
Re thanks for your advice...I have incredable fatigue...what is MAC?
Response from Dr. Henry
MAC stands for a bacteria (Mycobacterium avium complex)which is a relative to the TB germ. In HIV+ persons with CD4 counts < 100 (and especially < 50) it can cause a dessiminated infection involving the blood, bone marrow, lungs, gut and other organs. Symptoms often include fever, fatigue, and weight loss. MAC rarely causes significant problems if the CD4 count is > 200-250 cells/mm3.m KH
Flu shots: worthwhile?
Veiny Legs, Growing Trunk
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.