Sep 7, 2001
Re thanks for your advice...I have incredable fatigue...what is MAC?
Response from Dr. Henry
MAC stands for a bacteria (Mycobacterium avium complex)which is a relative to the TB germ. In HIV+ persons with CD4 counts < 100 (and especially < 50) it can cause a dessiminated infection involving the blood, bone marrow, lungs, gut and other organs. Symptoms often include fever, fatigue, and weight loss. MAC rarely causes significant problems if the CD4 count is > 200-250 cells/mm3.m KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Shingles A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.