Thanks for your advice... You where right!

Hello again Dr. Bob,

On 28 July I asked you about my doctor prescribing Proleukin for fatigue. You gave me some great advice that day... 1. asked me if i was seeing a HIV specialist. 2. asked about my diet. 3. you asked about my excercise. 4. suggested it could be some undetected opportunistic infection. 5. suggested i seek some form of counseling.

Well, I went to another Hiv specialist and guess what? 1. i was diagnosed with MAC at the same time I was diagnosed with HIV, 10 months ago, (never mentioned or treated) 2. I was diagnosed with low tetesterone. 3. My diet needed improvement. 4. I wasn't getting enough excersise.

My new Doctor is treating the MAC (she was surprised that the ex-doctor didn't see it in the lab results)

She is making me stop for work for 1 month to get my health back, begin excercising and get my head on straight.

I start treatment for low tetesterone next week.

I have a much greater report with my new (smarter doctor), so i would encourage anyone who soesn't have a good report with your doctor to look around for another one.

But most of all, I wanted to THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE!!!

THANKS, TIRED AND POOR (GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY)

Dear Tired and Poor (Getting Better Every Day),

Wonderful news! Thanks for writing back with your follow-up report. I'll post your response on the Treatment Forum as well in hopes that others will find your story motivating and enlightening! By the way, did you check your ex-doctor's credentials? Perhaps his medical degree came in the mail from Sally Struthers.

Best of luck on your road back to better health and remember, we are all in this together.

Q's on ARS Fatigue
Thalassemia response