one a day

Hi again, haveing told you that I take abacavir, 3tc, and sustivia- twice daily, can any of these be taken once daily? Again, thanks,

Michael

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, Sustiva/Stocrin (efavirenz) is FDA approved as a once daily medication. There is a lot of evidence that Epivir (lamivudine) is also suitable for once daily administration. In fact, Glaxo is in the process of filing with the FDA for approval of Epivir once daily. There is less evidence for Ziagen (abacavir) but there is also some evidence that it has a long intracellular half-life and that it may be effective as once daily therapy. At present, I think the evidence pretty clearly supports Epivir once a day but I still have some reluctance about abacavir pending the presentation of further data.

problems with sustiva
Side Effects...