problems with sustiva

I noticed a lot of posts about problems with sustiva. I have been + since june 98.cd4's were 300 and VL 90,000.I have been taking Sustiva 600mg and epivir and zerit as well as intermitent IL-2 treatments and cd4's have been in the 800's and VL indetectable since.The first month on sustiva I felt drunk for several hours and had vivid dreams.These side effects went away by the fifth week,however I continued to have trouble sleeping.I tried several sleeping pills including dalmane and none helped.I quit drinking alcohol and caffeine and quit smoking 6 months ago and still had trouble sleeping.About a month ago I volunteered for a study comparing the affects of anabolic steroids and exercise to exercise alone.I'm not sure if I'm on steroids or a placebo but I'm exercising for an hour a day 3 days a week and drinking an enormous amount of water.I'm sleeping like a baby now.Just thought I would share that with everyone coping with the side effects.Peace

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Sustiva can lead to the kinds of problems you described early in treatment, but frequently the symptoms improve. The health benefits of exercise are increasingly being recognized. Exercise can help with the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, as well as depression and sleep. Good luck!

Side effects how long?
one a day