B-hump removed, better...but

I've had my B-hump removed 3 months ago. And I've been off therapy for 6 months (doctor approved). And have not seen any reoccurance of lypodystrophy since then. However I'm concerned when my Doctor says that my belly won't go down now that I've joined a gym. He says it will come off everywhere else except my belly. Now my tummy isn't that big, I could loose about an inch there and I would be happy. If I'm not seeing the effects of lypodystrophy on my face and my back anymore, is it a sure thing that I can't whittle down an inch on my waist?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Eliminating the accumulated fat is a great challenge, and frankly we are still learning about methods to try. So far, it appears that accumulated fat in the abdomen may improve after stopping a protease inhibitor. I would be hopeful that your belly will go away, and I think exercise will only improve the chances. Good luck!

Neuropathy
the incredible shrinking testicles