Neuropathy

Hello- I hope you can offer some help. I have been experiencing trobbing in my feet for the past couple of years. It seems to be worse latter in the say, which seems to make sense. I recently went off of D4t and I am hoping that this might help in the long run. A friend suggest I see this Dr(chiro) who does a nutritonal analysis, via saliva and other means, to determine if you are lacking or low in certain nutrients, etc. Of course, I am sure there are supplements he could and would suggest if you were lacking in certain things. Does this make any sense??? Would it be a waist of time and money. Or is the nerve damage simply beyond repair - or likely not to respond to just a better diet, or certain supplements.

Also, when the pain gets pretty bad I will take a 600mg Ibprofen . Is this the best option for me? Would something else be more effective? Any ideas?

Thanks

Neal

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Dear Neal, it may take several months for D4T-associated peripheral neuropathy to respond to interruption of the drug. Therefore I am hopeful that your symptoms will improve. There are specific vitamin deficiencies which can result in peripheral neuropathy; most notably folic acid and vitamin B12. Your doctor can check your levels of these with a blood test. For pain that does not improve with ibuprofen a variety of things have been tried including Neurontin and amitriptyline. Good luck!

help, does cleaning a razor with acohol work????????? l
B-hump removed, better...but