|In regrards to your answer
Aug 23, 2001
In a repsonse to a question regarding swollen lymph nodes in the groin, you said that it could many diffeent things. And you also said taht swollen nodes in the groin are very common in the population.
Did this mean that much of the population has groin nodes that APPEAR swollen and/or feel swollen, yet are not and they are completely healthy? Please clarify. Thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Yes-many healthy persons have some swelling in their groin lymph nodes (that drain from body sites that contain some bacteria such as the anal/rectal area). That swelling can change in size without any clear reasons even in normal persons. Thus groin region lymph node swelling is very non-specific as regards to HIV. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.