swollen submandibular glands

Dear Dr.: Thank you for your time.

I've noticed a pair of submandibular salivary glands that tend to swell and shrink during various parts of the day, ranging from an elongated almond to half of a walnut. They do not hurt. My doctor said they are not lymphs nodes because I noticed that they always shrink/flatten out/deflate to pea size or even undetectable when I go running. However, they swell right back to almond size about half an hour later. I have lasting tingling sensation on my tongue as well and some red papillae. I have a dry but not sore throat. And there seems to be enough saliva in my mouth. My doctor said not to worry, but when I ask if these glands were infected, had stones, or tumors she seemed unsure. There are no pus, pain, difficulty with opening mouth, funny taste, other swollen nodes or glands. My insurance won't pay for a visit to an ENT, so I was wondering if you thought I should go see one on my own. Is it normal to be able to feel one's submandibular salivary glands? And is it normal for them to shrink during excercise?

Please forgive the lenght of this question.

This forum is for the discussion about symptoms of HIV or related to side effect of treatment of HIV. I don't answer questions in this forum without information that the sender is HIV+ and has issues related to this particular forum.

eye floaters - HIV?
Does Alcohol Cause Problems?