Weight Training

I was infected when I was really young (when I was 20 y.o. in 1991) I waited to start any kind of anti-retroviral therapy until I was at 5 million and my CD4 was below 200, and that was 3 yrs. ago. I am now now CD4 over 1000 and undetectable viral load, so my doctor says I'm a big success. My questions, and I have a lot of them, have mostly to do with my ever increasingly dysmorphic view of myself. I work out really hard at the gym, but can't seem to gain much muscle weight. I am noticing the beginning of lipodystrophy, entirely in the intra-abdominal muscles. I am really thin, so it's particularly ugly in my view. I really want to try androgen or testosterone or HGH, but my doctor says "NO WAY!". He says he can't medically justify it in any way because I'm not waisting and I'm otherwise perfectly healthy. I want to try it anyway for the aesthetic benefit that I might realize which is really important to me. How can I find a doctor that will do this for me? If I have to get stuff from other guys at the gym, I know I'm running some risk with purity and treatment control issues. I'm about to do it anyway, regardless of these risks. I would much rather get this treatment from a doctor, but I don't know how to find one that will do it for me. What can you tell me about this?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Each doctor has his or her individual standards for when to start medications that may help with fat redistribution syndrome. If you are unhappy or disagree with your current doctor's opinion, then you should seek a second opinion about the need for or use of the medications you would like.

should I give up?
Growth hormone studies