Trizivir and insomnia

Sir, This is not exactly a question just wanted to add to one you answered. I recently read your response to a question about Trizivir and insomnia. I too have been taking Trizivir since Novemeber, 2000 and have been experiencing insomnia since December 2000. I have taken melatonin, both the 100 mg dose and the 300 mg dose but I still wake up around 3 AM or 4 AM and cannot get back to sleep. Until now I thought it was unrelatted but may talk to my doctor about it.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Very interesting, and thank you for telling me about your symptoms. Insomnia is a symptom which can be due to many different causes and I think it is a good idea to review your insomnia with your doctor. Perhaps there will be another treatment to help you sleep, or if the insomnia is severe enough, perhaps you should try another antiretroviral regimen. Good luck!

Lipodystrophy
Lipodystrophy