|drinking and trizivir
Jul 24, 2001
DEAR DOC, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HIV APRIL 5, 2001 MY VIRAL LOAD WAS 75,000+ AND MY CD4 COUNT WAS 442 NOW TODAY MY VIRAL LOAD IS SAME AND MY CD4 COUNT 413 I AM 44 YRS OLD AND 5'8" WEIGH ABOUT 170 LBS. AND THE DOCTOR STARTED ME ON TRIZIVIR ANYWAY I DRINK A FEW BEERS EVERY OTHER DAY BUT JUST STARTED THE MEDS. TODAY. CAN I MIX THE TWO ? CAN I
| Response from Dr. Boyle
There should not be any significant interaction between the alcohol intake that you describe and the medications you are on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Touching Vagina
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Kissing
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Topping Without Condom Risk Of Getting HIV
- Could Runny Nose Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Bronchitis An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.