|drinking and trizivir
Jul 24, 2001
DEAR DOC, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HIV APRIL 5, 2001 MY VIRAL LOAD WAS 75,000+ AND MY CD4 COUNT WAS 442 NOW TODAY MY VIRAL LOAD IS SAME AND MY CD4 COUNT 413 I AM 44 YRS OLD AND 5'8" WEIGH ABOUT 170 LBS. AND THE DOCTOR STARTED ME ON TRIZIVIR ANYWAY I DRINK A FEW BEERS EVERY OTHER DAY BUT JUST STARTED THE MEDS. TODAY. CAN I MIX THE TWO ? CAN I
Response from Dr. Boyle
There should not be any significant interaction between the alcohol intake that you describe and the medications you are on.
Neuropathy and Impotence
- What Does Std Look Like On The Mouth?
- Will Pep Failures Usually Be Caught Six Weeks After Exposure?
- How Long Can Thrush Go Untreated Before It Gets Serious?
- Acute Hiv Skin Rash Usually
- How Long Before You Know You Have Hiv?
- Under What Conditions Is There Potentially A Risk Of Hiv Transmission By Urine
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.