My butt hurts

Hi, again, its a wonderful web site. The fat has left my butt- I hope not for good, but at least for today. The skin is sensitive in that area, but if the cushion is ok, Im ok. Is there any type of topical cream which could numb the skin while Im sitting. This doesnt happen all the time, but (no pun intended) from time to time. Is there anyway to put fat back into my butt?

Thanks,

Michael (ouch)

No miracles are yet available to put fat back just on the buttocks. Numbing up that area may not be a good idea because sitting on exactly the same spot for a long time can cause nerve damage and even some skin damage. While efforts are underway to better understand and treat fat loss in the setting of HIV, adding muscle to that area also can be a cushion. You may want to talk to an physical therapy or exercise specialist to find out some exercises that could add some bulk to the butt muscles which may provide at least a protein cushion. Carrying a cushion in the car to ease the butt pain on occasion is also helpful. Numbing up the area is not advise because the pain is nature's signal that you need to wiggle so that one area doesn't get too compressed and damaged.KH

Your standard AMA approach to everything
NEGATIVE??????