Your standard AMA approach to everything

I am a bit concerned by your very often narrow-minded answers to PWA's questions. It makes me wonder if you really feel obliged to recommend so little because of the American trend to err on the side of caution (i.e., Law suit based medicine)? Also, do they not teach you in med school that lack of proof does not mean something doesnt work. I would like to point out that it is a real insult to call anybody's experience "anecdotal" just because its never been proven. Goedel's proof showed that there are things that can never be proven. Please try to be more open-minded about every possibility to help our AIDS situations. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Thank you for your feedback, and I certainly understand the nature of your frustration. Given that great questions remain about the best management of many important clinical issues, and the very accessible forum that the Internet provides, I feel an obligation to state the limitations of our current knowledge and be evidence-based. This information can then be interpreted by patients, and a less scientifically evaluated approach may be the best choice in individual circumstances. By the way, I am not a member of the AMA.

Videx & Kaletra side-effects
My butt hurts