Videx & Kaletra side-effects

I have always been asymptomatic with a current CD4 of 150 and viral load of 55,000. I originally got neuropathy in my feet by taking Zerit and Epivir. Its still bothersome two years after stopping those. Ive not taken any anti-viral meds since then. Now my Dr. wants me to begin Videx and Kaletra for one year. He picked this combo because I am extremely sensitive to all drug side-effects. Since I have a known history of neuropathy should I avoid Videx? Will a year on Kaletra be long enough to cause lipodystrophy?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Given your ongoing neuropathy, you will be at increased risk for worsening symptoms. This does not mean that you will definitely have increased symptoms but simply that your risk is higher. You and your health care provider must weigh the pros and cons of using Videx. With regard to lipodystrophy and Kaletra, it is difficult to be certain. Risk factors for lipodystrophy can include female gender, increasing age, and genetics. So I cannot give you a definite risk for developing lipodystrophy after one year.

New-Fill treatment for fat loss in face
Your standard AMA approach to everything