Are my problems from HIV?

Dear Doctors, Thank you for your help. I have been posititve since 1991 and been on almost every medication. Since then I have developed diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, and hypertension. My heart cath showed cardiomyopathy. Do you think these problems are HIV related? I cannot seem to get a good answer from my doctors. In combination with these problems, are my chances of death greater? Thank you for helping me with this matter. Todd

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Dear Todd, I am glad that you are receiving care for these issues. Cardiomyopathy has been associated with HIV infection, and a number of HIV-related complications. Your cardiomyopathy could also be associated with coronary artery disease and diabetes, so it is difficult for me to speculate exactly what caused it in your case. It is impossible for me to address your prognosis because heart failure is a general term, and there is a spectrum of severity. I think the best answer should come from a cardiologist who knows you well. Good luck!

Fat deposits on back
sleepiness side effect?