Going back on past meds...

I was on Sustiva, Videx, and Zerit. At the time I was being a baby and stopped them. I took them for a total of 2 months. Is this a combination that I would be able to start up again? I was one of those rare people that got insomnia from the Sustiva which caused me to give up due to work. Would my body have started a resistance to these meds. My current CD4 is 124, viral load is 56,900.

I can't tell from your message if that regimen was the first you had ever been on. If that was your first regimen and if you took those meds faithfully for two months and then stopped it is likely that you can use them again. Many different things can be done to make the insomnia due to Sustiva better during the first months on therapy. Whatever you do it should be under the watchful eye of a good HIV specialist who could determine what individual factors may predict success or failure with whatever you decide to do. Keith Henry, M.D.

Efavirenz effect on sperm quality
Reversal of meds side effects