trebor again, answering your question, May 1

I had asked about fascian and micro-droplets of silicone to correct fascial wasting. You asked what other drugs I had been on. Here they are: 12 years ago high dose AZT, then switched to lower dose. Then we move on to ddI and d4t for years...along with zoverax. Then in the last 2 years or so we added an experimental(?) that was similar to d4t and added hydroxurea...this all became too much between weakness and lipodystrophy...so doc let me go on a drug holiday for about 3 months..she now has me on ziagen, epivir and sustiva as well as zoverax (to suppress herpes virus). No, the drug holiday didn't help with fat loss in face and legs, but it was a nice break (I am sure my liver thanked me). Anyway, I am still looking into fascian and silicone for face....

T,

I am having a hard time coming up with plastic surgeons who are having much success with that (if you find one let me know). Studies of Growth hormone and some of the oral diabetic drugs have shown some promise of lipoatrophy. Serono is planning a lipodystrophy study seen and the ACTG (among other groups) is planning to study the oral diabetic drugs further. The problem you are having is one that is at the top of my concern list. I am always picking the brains of other docs for ideas. Keep me posted. Keith Henry, M.D.

more face waste questions
looking to get rid of