|Lipodystrophy & Anabolic Medications - MH
May 2, 2000
What is your opinion on using anabolic medications with exercise as a treatment for lipodystrophy?
How does mitochondrial toxicity play a role in lipodystrophy?
And have you seen a significant decrease in HDL levels on this type of therapy?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
When you change the meds that may be causing mitochondrial toxicity the cholesterol and triglycerides definitely decrease. HDL may or may not change, exercise may the best may to increase HDL. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Test Called Where They Check For You Chlamydia?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Happens When Shingles Gets In The Brain?
- What Antibiotic Treats Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.