staying healthy off meds

My partner decided a year ago to stop taking his meds because of adverse side effects. Currently he feels and looks great.

However, is there anything he should do to maintain his good health? He can't get regular t-cell or viral load tests because of the financial cost.

Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

I am glad that he is feeling well. My concern is that without knowing his HIV RNA levels or CD4 counts, you really don't have any idea how well he is really doing. I strongly suggest that he have these laboratory values followed regularly, and hopefully he will do well without the need to restart treatment. BUT, not to follow them is taking a big risk. Good luck!

Sleeping tablets and meds
Is it REALLY an allergy?