Side effect Ziagen
Jul 8, 2001
Hello, strange question for you. I had the beginings of neuropathy but it was tolerable. Then I tryed taking Ziagen/abacavir and had the reaction. Since then my neuropathy has worsened 100 fold. Any connections? Am I the only one that thinks there is a connection?
Response from Dr. Bartlett
In controlled trials abacavir was not associated with neuropathy. However, that doesn't mean it couldn't be responsible in your situation. I would strongly suggest reviewing your symptoms, other medications, and personal habits such as alcohol consumption with your health care provider. The best solution may be to substitute another drug for the abacavir if no other cause is found
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.