Side effect Ziagen

Hello, strange question for you. I had the beginings of neuropathy but it was tolerable. Then I tryed taking Ziagen/abacavir and had the reaction. Since then my neuropathy has worsened 100 fold. Any connections? Am I the only one that thinks there is a connection?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

In controlled trials abacavir was not associated with neuropathy. However, that doesn't mean it couldn't be responsible in your situation. I would strongly suggest reviewing your symptoms, other medications, and personal habits such as alcohol consumption with your health care provider. The best solution may be to substitute another drug for the abacavir if no other cause is found

HAIR LOSS
STILL DOUBTS ABOUT LIPODISTROPHY