|IS AZT AND RESCRIPTOR A GOOD COMBINATION
Apr 25, 2000
IS AZT AND RESCRIPTOR A GOOD COMBINATION?
| Response from Dr. Kakuda
AZT (zidovudine) and Rescriptor (delavirdine) is unlikely to suppress HIV unless it is used with a third drug. This combination may be good if the viral load (HIV-RNA) is small and your CD4 count is high. In general, most guidelines (DHHS, IAS, BHIV, etc.) would not recommend just two drugs. Thomas Kakuda, Pharm.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What To Use On Open Herpes Sores?
- What Happens If I'm Sexually Active With Chlamydia?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.