Apr 25, 2000
This is a brief history of the patient suffering from CEREBRAL HERPES
At the moment following medication is being given:
1. Injection Zovirax ( A- cyclovide) 750mg thrice a day for 5 days
2. Injection Zovirax ( A- cyclovide) 750mg once a day for 2 days
The dosage of this drug is causing stoppage of kidney and also not allowing patient to come to consciousness.
This drug is still to be continued for next 10days. We would like to know any substitute of this drug.
Please guide us.
| Response from Dr. Henry
How many days into therapy is this patient?? How was the diagnosis of herpes encephalitis made? How is his/her HIV status. What is the creatinine clearance?? Do you have ganciclovir or foscarnet available?? Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.