Nausea and Vomiting from DDI

I've been taking DDI (along with Viramune, Zerit and Hydrea) for the last two years. My viral load has remained undetectable with this combination. Recently I have been experiencing nausea and vomiting an hour following my dosage of DDI. Sometimes I vomit and other times I just feel nauseous and manage to keep myself from vomiting (although I feel like it). Is this a sign that my system is beginning to not tolerate DDI? Thank you.

It would be somewhat unusual to just now start experiencing those symptoms due to the ddI. There have been some changes in the formulation which could alter how your body tolerates the drug. I often suggest trying the pediatric powder mixed 400 mg in 20 ml of the Maalox of your choice once per day (lemon, cherry, mint flavors available). There will soon be an enteric once a day ddI capsule as well. I would ask whether you have had a change in your formulation. Also, do you have any history of pancreatitis or hepatitis or H pylori disease?? You might also ask your doc to consider whether you are showing any evidence of lactic acidosis (blood test)very soon if you haven't had that evaluated yet. Let me know what happens. Keith Henry, M.D.

Morning Sickness
hiv