lymph nodes.

I tested positive last year. I have had lymph nodes all over my neck for the past 6 months. I have recently started taking meds. Will the lymph nodes disappear???? and if so how long does it take???

Good question. In the early days of HIV the thinking often was that enlarged lymph nodes were a bad thing. In my experience some persons just seem to experience enlarged lymph nodes and some don't even when everything else is about the same. Lymph nodes are a concentration of T cells so that enlargement can be both a sign of an infection of a sign of activity of the immune system. Anti-HIV treatment will often (but not always) cause enlarged lymph nodes to decrease in size but sometimes they get bigger as the immune system recovers and there is more action on the lymph nodes (which is generally a good thing but can cause symptoms for a while). TO try and answer your question there are many patterns to what happens to lymph nodes on therapy but they generally while decrease in size a bit after some initial swelling. Keith Henry, M.D.

lymphoma
Swollen Lymph Nodes