Mar 20, 2000
exactly what is lymphoma? I have lymph nodes all over the neck area as well and they are driving me crazy. What can I do to help them go away? you also mentioned something about lymph nodes and drainage. my ears always feel as though they have water in them. what is this from?
Response from Dr. Henry
Lymphoma is a type of cancer often involving the lymph nodes which is seen more frequently in HIV + patients (usually when the CD4 count is < 200 cells). The lymph nodes can get quite firm and large--your HIV doc should be able to assess the situation and provide reassurance. Good oral health (via a dentist) and an ENT evaluation (ear specialist) might be helpful to better answer your questions. Keith Henry, M.D.
- What Foods Help Shingles Treatment?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.