submandibular glands?

Hi! Thank you in advance for responding. I have been Hiv+ for two years. My question is: Is swelling of the submanibular (salivary) glands common for hiv infected people? I have been told that it is not, and could happen due to many things? Please advise, they have been swollen without pain for about three months. I have not been to my PCP about it.

I see that fairly often actually (as well as swelling of the parotid salivary glands). At times there is a benign cystic condition that develops. Also seen is a dry mouth type syndrome with some plugging of the salivary glands. My ENT and dental consultants often help me out with those cases. I can't say there is necessarily any direct link to the status of HIV infection. We occasionally see malignancy in those regions so a professional check can be of value and usual simply a relief to know that nothing serious is going on. Keith Henry, M.D.

operation for lymph nodes
Painful Lymph Nodes/Spleen