operation for lymph nodes

Is there any type of operation that I can have in order to get rid of my lymph nodes? I have 2 large ones close to my jaws and they have made me very depressed. I don't even like to go out in public because of them. If there is some sort of operation I would greatly appreciate any info that you could give me in reference to it. That would help make life so much more bearable for me. thanks.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, it is possible to have lymph nodes surgically removed.

Ask your doctor to put you in touch with a general or plastic surgeon. When removed, the nodes should be sent for pathologic evaluation to make sure that there is no disease present.

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

lymph node operation
submandibular glands?