|alcohol use and medications
May 11, 2000
I will be starting a new combination of combivir and sustiva, and wondered if one can have a 'cocktail' every now and then. I realize that on some meds such as norvir I was told by my doc and pharmacist not to use alcohol.
Response from Dr. Henry
Moderate/low alcohol use (Two or fewer drinks/day) is probably OK with Combivir/Sustiva. If you have a history of pancreatitis then avoid alcohol if possible. Make sure your liver is OK and you have been hepatitis vaccinated. Watch the alcohol use during the first 1-2 months on Sustiva until you have adjusted to any nervous system effects of that drug. Keith Henry, M.D.
Lithium Carbonate and Haart
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Can Oral Sex Cause Yeast Infection?
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Could Autoimmune Disease Affect My Hiv Result
- Do Antidepressants Affect STD Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.