May 1, 2000
How do you feel about treating through a Nevirapine rash? If a rash is severe what is the probability of rash with Efavirenz?
Response from Dr. Henry
Treating through a NVP rash is possible when it is mild and in not accompanied by mucosal involvement (eyes, mouth/lips), systemic complaints (fever, severe malaise), or evidence for hepatic inflammation. In both our clinic and in research trials at our site, if the NVP rash is deemed serious enough to stop the NVP, we have used efavirenz and that has gone well. We obviously monitor patients very, very carefully in that situation but I still follow that practice. Keith Henry, M.D.
weird feeling while falling asleep -- not dreams
- Are White Bumps On Penis A Sign Of AIDS?
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Are There Rare Hiv Infected Who Don't Develop Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.