May 11, 2000
Can hiv or hiv meds cause the parotid glands to swell?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Absolutely -- I have seen that many times. Often there is a cystic enlargement of the parotids that shows up on CT scan and can be treated with low dose radiation. I think that it is most often HIV itself but I don't understand the mechanism very well. Keith Henry, M.D.
Low body temperature
weird feeling while falling asleep...response
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- How Late Can ARS Symptoms Appear?
- Is A Cough Without Fever An Early Symptom Og HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.