Anal Fissures/Anal Bleeding

On March 8th and 23rd you answered questions regarding Anal Fissures and Anal Bleeding..... I have experienced the same symptoms this individuals have. This would include itching in the anal area which would result in small amounts of blood being left on the tissue.... I promptly say a proctologist (sp) who indicated it was a fissure and prescribed nitro cream to to apply which would allow the inner sphincter to relax thus allowing the fissure to heal. I tried this for two months with no success... I then decided to have my internal medicine doctor look at it, he promptly told me it was a yeast infection and told me to get a tube of Lotrimin AF and apply for two weeks.... This worked... no more constant itching or bleeding.... He indicated that some of the antivirals produce a yeast infection....

It actually is unusual for the antivirals to aggravate a yeast infection though antibiotics do that frequently. Thank you for the feedback. Keith Henry, M.D.

Side Effects from Serostim
agitation due to oxandrine