Bloating

I am having problems with a bloated stomach, however, when I burp, pass gas, or have a bowel movement, the bloating goes down, only temporarily though. I am currently taking Mycobutin, Biaxin, Viracept, Combivir and Ziagen. Late last year I went off my medication for a month due to recurring high fevers, but I still had the bloated stomach. So it is probably not the medication. It feels like there is air trapped in my stomach, hence the bloating. It is very uncomfortable at times and hinders my daily activities due to the pressure. If there anything I can do/take to relieve this problem?

You don't mention whether you have much abdominal pain or gas/burping which would provide some clues as to what is going on. Also it would be important to know whether any type of food aggravates the situation (such as milk/cheese products) and whether you have any problem with gall bladder, liver, or pancreas function. Also, history of any AIDS related infections or parasitic infections and what is your CD4 and HIV levels? I can get more specific if those details are provided (yes -- also whether you have had any fat gain around your abdomen and whether you are having any loose stools or constipation as well as what you have tried and found not to work). Keith Henry, M.D.

Bloating II
Overcoming Diarrhea with the use of Calcium supplement.