Extreme Bloating after eating

I am currently on Ziagen, Epivir, Rescriptor, Acyclovir, and Prilosec. My most recent viral load was <50 copies and my T cell count was 950. The Ziagen was added to my medication after being taken off Sustiva (due to insomnia and headaches). since adding the Ziagen I have noticed increased weight gain around the waist. However, my most disturbing problem is extreme bloating and fullness after consuming even very small meals. There was some thought that I might be lactose intolerant; however, taking Ultra Lactaid for a while did not produce any change. I also have very foul smelling and gaseous loose bowel movements. All of this is very uncomfortable esp. the bloating! Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Have you been checked for any evidence of H pylori disease, pancreatic insufficiency, or any GI infections (such as parasites). Your HIV meds don't usually cause the symptoms you describe but occasionally that is seen but that is a diagnosis of exclusion (meaning we work up the complaint and when nothing is found then the drugs seem likely as the cause). Irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, and other conditions can cause those symptoms. I would push for a good "GI" work-up! Keith Henry, M.D.

THANKS FOR THE CALCIUM TIP
Bloating II