|Constipation and Gas! Yuck!
Jun 11, 2000
It seems that my worst problems are managing GI side effects. I've been terribly constipated, but when I try Metamucil, it gives me bad gas. Can you recommend a good regimen for helping to alleviate constipation that won't cause gas? I'm on d4t, 3tc, and Viramune. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
You may want to try Fibricon or oat bran tablets. A good self-help book with a good chapter on bowel health is Healing HIV by Jon Kaiser -- I recommend that you order it and see what works for you. Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Black Spots?
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.