New diarrhea medication?

Back in May, I recall reading about a new pharmaceutical drug for HIV-related diarrhea. The article discussed the other major med for that being Lomotil, but that Lomotil was not particularly effective with Viracept-related diarrhea. The article went on to describe a NEW medication now available that has been shown to be very effective for Viracept-related diarrhea. I read several journals and cannot find that article and I have several people who need that information as the other therapies do not work for them. Please advise as to the name of this medication. THANKS!

Oat bran or calcium supplements sometimes works for Viracept related loose stools. Though I am not sure which other product you are referring to, it might be the Shaman product SB Normal Stool Formula (1-800-987-9920 I believe)which helps some persons with HIV/AIDS related loose stools. Keith Henry, M.D.

Videx and Diarrhea
Any meds that do not cause the Diarrhea?