Videx and Diarrhea

I just started a new combo of Videx, Zerit, and Agenerase a week and half ago. Just like when I was on Combivir/Viracept, I have developed diarrhea almost 2 weeks into treatment. Before I assume the culprit was Viracept and this time I believe it's Videx... based on previous postings. First, is it ok to take more than 4 caplets a day of Immodium? Second, the new formulation of Videx... when will that be available to take and will it also taste better? Thanks for you expert advice.

The Agenerase can also cause diarrhea which is sometimes amendable to calcium supplements or oat bran. You don't define diarrhea but 1-2 loose stools/day is often seen with ddI. Sometimes that will decrease with time. Sometimes the liquid formulation (ie 400 mg in 20 ml of the antacid of your choice) is better tolerated. A once a day enteric capsule that seems to be better tolerated is in the approval pipeline so try to hold on if the regimen is otherwise working for you. Keith Henry, M.D.

viramune
New diarrhea medication?