Dry Patch on Big Toe. Is it a fungus?

Recently I've noticed a brown patch on my big toe. It doesn't hurt or itch and is only the size of maybe a dime. When I touch it it feels a little rough like dry skin but I can't seem to get rid of it. I used lotion and foot scrubs but nothing seems to help. Now I think it might be starting on the toe next to it. I'm a female who is very healthy taking Combivir, Viramune and Glucophage. VL = Undetectable and T-cells = 500 - 600. Could this be a fungus or just really dry skin? Will my ID doctor know what it is or should I go right to a dermatologist? Are maybe I'll get lucky and it's nothing at all. Thanks for your time.

Your HIV doc should take a first crack at a specific diagnosis and treatment. If that doesn't help then off to a dermatologist you should go! I can't tell from what you described what that is. Keith Henry, M.D.

Skin blemishes as side effects
Post Nasal Drip