Jun 4, 2000
Doctors: I have been on Combivir and Ziagen for about two months now. My CD4's have gone from 454(21%) to 774(35), and my VL has gone from 21,000 to 75. However, I have gained 10 lbs despite exercise and my nails have begun to darken. Is this common and is there anything that I can do about either? LT
| Response from Dr. Henry
Gaining 10 lbs can be a good thing but one needs to exercise and eat properly so it is not just fat. One has to look at how low your weight was before and also do you have any hormonal abnormalities. Dark nails is reported particularly with AZT. I am aware of no fix for that. That combination has other advantages (simplicity, little risk for neuropathy or pancreatitis, preserving other treatment options, usually fat and lipid friendly) so I wouldn't be too quick to change to something different. Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.