Mar 30, 2000
I have been HIV positive for about 5 months. Recently I have noticed little white particles with a terrible odor in my mouth. They sit in my tonsils, I believe. What are they, and should I be worried?
| Response from Dr. Henry
You don't mention what your HIV levels or CD4 counts look like or what your overall dental health is like. Dental/oral problems are increased in HIV persons -- often even worse if people smoke. Localized patches of yeast (Form of thrush) can look like that as can types of leukoplakia or just dead tissue. A good exam by an HIV specialist or HIV-experienced dentist can often differentiate between those possibilities and suggest a treatment strategy. Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.