Coenzyme Q10

Hi Doctors;

I followed a suggestion you gave me some months ago and read "Healing HIV". Thanks for the suggestion, it was really helpful and his attitude with the virus reflects mine, so I find an easy way to better judge my options.

I'm taking the supplements indicated in the book, my doctor also agrees with them. I'm only a bit confused about the role of Coenzyme Q10; does this supplement allow to gain wait or to lose it? I found many docs on the net telling exactly both, opposite things. I have no wasting, my numbers are excellent (CD42000/VL1700) and currently taking no meds.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anne

Co-enzyme Q is believed to be an anti-oxidant that may help mitochondria and have some effect on the immune system (not proven but possible). I would not expect co-enzyme Q to necessarily be related to wasting (nor be used for weight gain or loss per se) but levels have been low in a few studies involving persons with AIDS. KH

Is Milk Thistle Safe to Take with HAART?
help to balance liver enzymes on mega-HAART