can't eat

my brother is in the final stages of aids, and has many ois. the aids meds work however he can't take them due to nausea. any sugestions on what may help?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Treatments for HIV and opportunistic infections can cause nausea which is very troublesome. The good news is that there are more options for the treatment of either- you should discuss alternative medications with his health care provider. A variety of medications can be used to treat nausea- Phenergan, Tigan, Kytril, Zofran, Marinol and smoking marijuana. Again, I think it is important to review these options with your brother's health care provider.

vieny legs
Pain relief