vieny legs

I recently read a post were the author was put on glucophage for veining legs with good results. I should it to my doctor he gave me avandia saying it was safer then glucophage but should yield the same results. If you know. How long before I will see less veins in legs? Have you heard of other's using this approach ?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

In patients on antiretroviral therapy, they may lose fat in their arms, legs and face. This has been called "lipoatrophy", and may be due to a side effect of the medications on the mitochondria of fat cells. Certain drugs used to treat diabetes have the side effect of increasing fat in these regions, and therefore there has been speculation about their ability to reverse lipoatrophy. At this point, the evidence is purely anecdotal and scientifically designed trials are not yet completed. So, it it hard for me to give you a direct answer because trials on the relative effects of these two drugs are not finished. Good luck!

The difference follow up
can't eat