wooried well, or sick?

Dear Dr's, I am wondering if I am worried well or worried sick. Five months ago I had what I have read on this site is a very low risk exposure(I was on the receiving end of oral). However exactly 15 days afterward I started having swollen lymphnodes, first in my neck area, then groin, then armpits. I still have occasional pain in the neck regions and in the front of my stomach. For approximately 7 weeks I experienced several symptons such as Fever for about a week, the swollen glands lasted about 7 weeks, extremely sore muscles for about a week, and generally felt bad for a LONG TIME. At approx 4 weeks I developed a thick white coating on my tongue that for the most part can be scaped off. I still have it most mornings 4 months later. I also have large bumps on the back of my tongue and have burning in the throat and unbelievable burping any time I eat. I tested negative on home access at 7, 11, and 18 weeks. And have been to my Dr. twice with a diag. of sinusitis and pharyngitis. Should I continue to get tested until 6 months or look elsewhere for my problem. It is the only possible exposure and has me worried sick. THANKS.

If you have had a HIV test already and it is negative then the chances that your exposure resulted in an infection are essentially zero. If you haven't been tested I would recommend it just to relieve your anxiety and to look for other causes. KH

When can the infection be diagnosed
what is home access test